Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Accidental Meeting

Today I happened to be by the library when I ran into Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz. She was there campaigning. She was dressed casual to ward off the Florida heat. Her white tee shirt asking people to vote for her. I said hello. Normally I would not have done that, but my son Josh met her during an event at his medical school. He thought that she was extremely nice. I mentioned it to her and she seemed genuinely delighted to hear that. In March 2009, she revealed that she underwent seven surgeries related to breast cancer  in the year prior ( 2008) , while maintaining her responsibilities as a member of the House. She also maintained an aggressive schedule campaigning during recovery from these seven operations. I think that shows courage and determination. I think it shows the kind of spirit she carries within. I think that it shows how important she feels about representing the people in her district. I believe that we need more people to have that same drive and passion fighting for our rights. Even though this gracious lady is a warrior and a survivor standing proud and tall, I am glad that I was able to give her words of encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. I've met her several times, too, in Washington and in SF. I remember when she first shared her story of having survived breast cancer. I don't think many people knew about it while she was undergoing treatment. She continued to serve in office. A tough lady, that one.

    ReplyDelete